165 Gallons – ChillerGlycol™ DF1 – 100% USP Grade Inhibited Propylene Glycol
$6,348.00 – $6,440.00
- Product Code: DF1-100%
- Highest USP-certified base propylene glycol purity (assay) available in the industry at Greater than 99.8% Guaranteed.
- Designed specifically for use in chiller systems.
- Made for use in any industrial, commercial, or food industry chiller application.
- Base propylene glycol and inhibitor package are both Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by the United States Food & Drug Administration as food additives under Parts 182 and 184 of the Food Additive Regulations.
- Proprietary anti-corrosion package maintains stable pH in system piping thus drastically inhibiting the degradation of metallic piping materials and system components.
- Provides superior freeze protection in any chilled water/glycol system.
- Dramatically reduces risk of evaporator bursting in presence of low ambient temperature or low glycol temperature.
- Low vapor pressure allows drastic reduction in glycol loss due to atmospheric evaporation.
- Wide functional temperature range allows for use in many situations (-50F to 250F).
- Enhances lubrication and fluidity in chilled water system.
- Safe to handle, store, and ship. Product is non-toxic and non-corrosive.
- Product not considered hazardous by OSHA/HAZMAT standards.
- Standard color of fluid product is clear (colorless), however product can be purchased with a light blue tint for simplified leak detection for small upgrade cost.
- Longest shelf life in the industry at 24 months, when stored in 104F (40C) in closed containers and free from UV light.
- Manufactured through award-winning sustainable hydrogen peroxide to propylene oxide (HPPO) technology.
- Reduces wastewater by approximately 70-80% and energy used by 35% when compared with conventional propylene oxide manufacturing technology.
- Certifications and Regulatory Compliance of Base Propylene Glycol:
- United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) Certified
- European Pharmacopoeia (EP) Certified
- Japanese Pharmacopoeia (JP) Certified
- Meets Brazilian Pharmacopoeia requirements, but not tested for Brazil.
- Food Chemical Codex (FCC) Compliant
- Manufacturing plants of base propylene glycol are:
- ISO 9001-2015 Certified
- Kosher Certified
- Most are Halal Certified
- Exceeds USP monograph including non-detectable MEG and DEG (<0.008%).
- Adherence to IPEC-POG Good Manufacturing Practices for Pharmaceutical Excipients.
- Method of Shipment: Common Carrier
- Physical Specifications:
- Container Detail:
- Container Quantity: 3ea. 55 Gallon Drums
- Product Weight (Containers and Fluid): 3ea. 495.5 lbs
- Fluid Volume Per Container: 55 Gallons
- Fluid Density at 68F: 8.5957 lbs/gal
- Weight per Container (Without Fluid): 22.7 lbs
- Dimensions: 3ea. 23.25”L x 23.25”W x 35.4”H
- Shipping Detail:
- Shipping Dimensions: 1ea. 48”L x 48”W x 40.9”H
- Shipping Weight (Including Packaging and/or Pallet): 1ea. 1536.4 lbs
- Container Detail:
- Fluid Content Details:
- Total Fluid Volume of Product: 165 Gallons
- Glycol Content: Greater than 95% by volume
- Guaranteed Assay (Purity) of Propylene Glycol: Greater Than 99.8% (USP Certified)
- Proprietary Corrosion Inhibition Mixture: Approximately 5% by volume
- Physical Properties of Fluid:
- Acceptable Temperature Range: -50F (-46C) to 250F (121C)
- Boiling Point: 360.2F / 182.3C
- Freezing Point: -70.3F / -56.8C
- Specific Gravity @ 60F/15C: 1.06
- Specific Heat @ 60F: 0.6 BTU/lbF
- Viscosity @ 60F: 45.9 cP
- Appearance: Clear/Colorless as standard (can upgrade with dyed blue option)
- ChillerGlycol™ DF1 is typically diluted with water in order to form any of the below concentrations.
|ChillerGlycol™ DF1 Properties||100% ChillerGlycol™ DF1 (No Field Water)||60% ChillerGlycol™ DF1 (40% Field H2O)||50% ChillerGlycol™ DF1 (50% Field H2O)||40% ChillerGlycol™ DF1 (60% Field H2O)||30% ChillerGlycol™ DF1 (70% Field H2O)||25% ChillerGlycol™ DF1 (75% Field H2O)|
|Percentage of Propylene Glycol (Extreme High Purity of 99.8% or Higher)||Greater Than 95%||57.0%||47.5%||38.0%||28.5%||23.8%|
|Proprietary Corrosion Inhibition Mixture||Approx. 6% or Less||3.0%||2.5%||2.0%||1.5%||1.2%|
|Water (added in field)||n/a||40%||50%||60%||70%||75%|
|Color of Fluid Mix||Clear/Colorless (light blue available)||Clear/Colorless (light blue available)||Clear/Colorless (light blue available)||Clear/Colorless (light blue available)||Clear/Colorless (light blue available)||Clear/Colorless (light blue available)|
|Boiling Point||360.2F / 182.3C||225F / 107C||222F / 106C||219F / 104C||216F / 102C||214F / 101F|
|Freeze Point||-70.3F / -56.8C||-52.3F / -46.8C||-27F / -32.8C||-7F / -21.7C||8F / -13.3C||21F / -6.1C|
|Specific Gravity@ 60F/15C||1.06||1.05||1.04||1.03||1.02||1.02|
|Specific Heat @ 60F||0.6 BTU/lbF||0.8 BTU/lbF||0.85 BTU/lbF||0.9 BTU/lbF||0.93 BTU/lbF||0.95 BTU/lbF|
|Viscosity @ 60F||45.9 cP||11.98 cP||7.84 cP||5.32 cP||3.29 cP||2.92 cP|
Note 1: “Percentage of Propylene Glycol” and “Proprietary Corrosion Inhibition Mixture” is included in the ChillerGlycol™ DF1 Product. “Water (added in field)” is distilled or other purified water to be added in the field by others. Contact Glycol, Inc. for instructions on what type of water to use.
Note 2: The above properties are approximations of typical fluid mixtures. Glycol, Inc. does not guarantee results from use of the information or products herein. Conditions of use outside of Glycol, Inc’s control, therefore it gives no warranty, express or implied.
Note 3: Purity value is guaranteed as base propylene glycol is USP Certified
Note 4: As standard, ChillerGlycol™ DF1 is clear/colorless, however the product is available with a blue tint to allow simplified leak detection for a small upgrade charge.
|Dimensions||24 × 48 × 41.36 in|